Battleship New Jersey-POSTPONED
Our trip to Battleship New Jersey is POSTPONED
More information on this is forthcoming.
CANCELLED - Saturday 3-14-2020 — Boyd Big Tree Preserve hike
With our charter organization, Trinity Lutheran Church closing, we will no longer be holding events for the month of March.
There is no hike today, 3-14-2020
This is an unprecedented situation. In the best interest of the health and well being of our scouts, their families, and community, we will no longer be holding events for the month of March. This includes our pack meeting, scheduled for Thursday, 3-19-2020.
Please take time with your scouts to review the oath, law, and whatever activities your den was working on as we take this pause.
In keeping with the scout law:
A scout is clean - do not forget to review good hygiene and hand-washing!
A scout is helpful - include your scout in age-appropriate chores like cleaning up, preparing meals, and more. These items are generally in each den's book, so don't forget to sign off!
A scout is brave - as I mentioned, this is unprecedented and may be scary for our scouts. Below is a list of tips to help them through this time.
Here are a few things to keep in mind while communicating with children:
- Keep conversations about the virus simple, reassuring and age-appropriate
- Be aware of your child's exposure to news through social media and television
- Remind them that you, the adults at scouting, school, and the community are doing our best to keep them (and everyone around us) safe and healthy
- Keep lines of communication open, reminding children it's always ok for them to ask you questions and discuss their worries.
- Stick to a routine as much as possible during this time, as predictability is helpful for children.
With cold and flu season upon us and heightened awareness around the Coronavirus (COVID-19), please know that we are closely monitoring the situation and will follow instructions and recommendations issued by public health authorities and government agencies as needed.
Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water
Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
Cough or sneeze into a tissue or your sleeve or arm - not into your hands
Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
For your well-being and the well-being of others, if you're sick please stay home and take care of yourself.