Our vision is to create a program and environment which explores the career opportunities engineering, science, technology and math afford young adults. To inspire middle and high school students to love problem solving and critical thinking through the hands-on exploration of STEM. To inspire youth to become lifelong learners and explorers.
- Project Teams - Engineering Challenges
- The Explorer Post/Club is broken into several project teams each of which focuses the efforts of small groups of students on a single engineering challenge or competition.
- VEX Robotics
- Zero Robotics
- First Robotics
- TARC (rocketry)
- Engineering Guest Speakers
- Each month the Post/Club invites practicing engineers to talk to the youth about their engineering career/field of study
- Engineering Field Trips
- Periodically the club takes trips to see engineering in action. Trips include NASA's Goddard Space Facility, Wallop Island, Micron's Semiconductor factory, VW's Assembly plant, and the like
- Community Outreach
- The Post/Club offers/sponsors community (schools, Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts) STEM activities such as Robotics Merit Badge, Sumo Robots, and the like
About Learning For Life
Learning for Life offers programs designed to support schools and community-based organizations in their efforts to prepare youth to successfully handle the complexities of contemporary society and to enhance their self-confidence, motivation, and self-esteem. The programs focus on character development and career education. Learning for Life programs help youth develop social and life skills, assist in character and career development, and help youth formulate positive personal values. It prepares youth to make ethical decisions that will help them achieve their full potential.